Coronavirus (CoV) are a large family of viruses that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). These viruses are zoonoses, which means they can infect certain animals and spread from one animal to another. According to researcher coronaviruses found in different animal’s hosts, like birds, snakes, marmots, hedgehogs, Manis, bats and humans. A coronavirus can potentially spread to humans, particularly if certain mutation in a virus occur.
There are currently 60,414confirmed cases and approximately 1368 died in china (Wuhan) due coronavirus. Currently infected patients from coronavirus are approximately 52,749 but about 8,043 (15%) of patients are in critical situation.
Common Sign of Infection:
This infection includes respiratory symptoms, fever, dizziness, nausea, dry cough, myalgia (muscle pain) or fatigue, shortness of breath as well as breathing difficulties. Sever infection of coronavirus is pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, failure of kidney and even death. It is important to note that the coronavirus easily spread person-to-person
Prevention of Coronavirus:
- wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- stay home when you are sick
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.